Product Management is a sought-after career for many software professionals. Professionals from different backgrounds aspire to take up this challenging and rewarding role to further their careers. However, there is aspiration and then there is reality. A few succeed in their career pursuits but many fail as there is a lack of structured courseware that is practical enough to bridge this skill gap.
Product Management Foundations is an introductory yet comprehensive course in this direction to help all aspiring and budding product managers to understand more about product management, get to know about the product management craft, and the essential skills, processes, frameworks involved in it. It is a fast track and practical course that teaches you product management as it happens on the ground, in most software product organizations.
The course includes a practical case assignment to put your product management learnings into action. You can get your case solution reviewed and get the necessary guidance on the same to hone your skills further.
The intended audience for this course are:
- Professionals who want to get into Product Management
- Accidental Product Managers, ones who landed up in product management roles with no context whatsoever
- Junior Product Managers who want to get an overall perspective of Product Management and build their foundations
- Startup Founders & Cofounders who want to understand and implement Product management practice in their organization
- Leaders from other Organizational Practices who work with Product Managers closely and want to understand who are they
- Anyone & everyone who wants to understand Product management
What Will You Learn?
- Bare basics of the product management practice.
- History of Product Management and why the practice came into existence in technology organizations.
- Role and responsibilities of a product manager and how it varies in different stages of the product lifecycle.
- Product Manager vs Project Manager vs Product Owner, what's the difference?
- Product Management Process from Idea to Concept to Launch.
- Idea validation, product planning, and road mapping
About the instructor
Introduction to product management
Introduction to product management01:29:04
Product thinking for PM
Product thinking for PM57:54
Using miro for research 101:13:38
Using miro for research 200:00
Using Figma for user stories 101:44:37
Using Figma for user stories 201:23:12
Using Figma for user stories 300:00
Using Figma for user stories 436:14
Writing a user need statement
How to write a user need statement01:35:37
Product Strategy 102:43:10
Product Strategy 202:25:42
Approaches to problem solving 101:25:05
Approaches to problem solving 200:00
Product Requirement Document
Introduction to PRD